Senior staff, including principals, headteachers, deputy and assistant headteachers, subject leaders, heads of department and phase leaders of maintained schools and academies and registered early years settings in England. This course is for KS1 to 5.
- Learn how the inspection judgements are made and the impact on schools and other institutions.
- Get the very latest updates from practising inspectors.
- Find out about the current grade descriptors in the evaluation schedule.
- Understand the importance of having robust evidence about current progress and outcomes for pupils.
- Be clear about the impact of senior leaders on the school’s vision and direction and how inspectors gather evidence.
- Get an insight into how inspectors gather evidence for SMSC, including British values.
- Understand the focus on safeguarding.
- Know the implications for your next inspection at short notice and how to prepare for it.
- Find out about the frequency and type of inspections, including short inspections.
- A detailed look at the grade descriptors for each inspection judgement.
- Dispelling the myths - clarification for schools on information they do and do not need to provide for inspections.
- Evaluating outcomes for pupils, including disabled pupils, those with special educational needs, disadvantaged pupils and the most able pupils.
- Evaluating teaching, learning and assessment.
- The focus on progress, numeracy, reading and literacy.
- The importance of leadership and management.
- Personal development, safety and welfare.
- The role of governors.
- Conduct of the inspection.
In-school, cluster and federation training is also available for this course and can be tailored to your needs. Please call us on +44 (0)1223 463757 for more details.
This training is also available, exemplified specifically for the EYFS: The common inspection framework in the Early Years Foundation Stage
For more information or to book a place please call us on +44 (0) 1223 463757 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.