Experienced and new leaders, including headteachers, principals, deputy and assistant headteachers, vice and assistant principals, heads of department, subject leaders and coordinators, and all those responsible for carrying out lesson observations.
Understand how to collect and record evidence to make secure judgements under the current Ofsted common inspection framework.
Learn methods for rigorous evaluation of pupils’ progress (outcomes) through work scrutiny, discussion with pupils and consideration of performance data.
Discover how to ensure that feedback to teachers is developmental, constructive and productive.
Find out what inspectors look for during inspections.
Glean best practice from peers from a range of schools and backgrounds.
All participants receive a course handbook and a certificate of course accreditation from Cambridge Education, following successful assessment.
- Evaluating and recording observations of teaching, learning and assessment as well
as personal development, behaviour and welfare in lessons.
- Evaluating specific elements of pupils’ outcomes using the Ofsted inspection handbook; the quality of teaching, learning and assessment, and personal development, behaviour and welfare.
- Recognising good and outstanding teaching and learning.
- Consideration of the impact of leadership and management on pupils’ outcomes.
- Consideration of provision for spiritual, moral, social and cultural development.
- Consideration of contribution to British values.
- Talking to pupils about their learning, personal development, behaviour and welfare.
- Analysing pupils’ work - data analysis and using performance data.
- Structured opportunities to work with other schools and school leaders.
You will receive an Effective classroom observation folder with supporting materials for use during the day and subsequently back at school – all aligned to the most recent Ofsted handbook. You will also be awarded a certificate on successful completion of your assessed task.
Five-day programme consisting of three tutor lead days, one or two days of distance learning.
Having completed an Effective classroom observation course you may be interested in a special consultancy. We can offer a bespoke opportunity for schools to have a consultant to work with staff to moderate a school’s evaluation of its teaching and learning using a triangulation methodology.
In-school, cluster and federation training is also available for this course and can be tailored to your needs. Please call us on +44 (0)1223 463757 for more details.
For more information or to book a place please call us on +44 (0) 1223 463757 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.