This practical and insightful one-day course is designed for deputy headteachers to increase their knowledge and confidence to apply for a post of headteacher. It is also appropriate for current headteachers who are thinking of stepping up to a different headship in a different school (usually a larger school or one which offers a very different challenge).
Who should attend?
- Deputy headteachers, who seek an increase in their knowledge and skills, and thus their confidence, to apply successfully for their first post of headteacher.
- Current headteachers wanting to take up a new headship.
- Knowing that this is the right job for you; am I the right person for this job, and is this the right job for me?
- How to write a compelling application that stands out.
- How to shine at the interview and in the selection process.
- How to make a positive personal and organisational impact in those first 100 days.
- How to move the school towards outstanding and beyond; building a team which rises to the challenges ahead.
The course will:
- give you the confidence to seek that new/next headteacher role
- help you understand what makes a successful headteacher
- enable you, at interview, to play to your strengths in getting a headteacher post
- enable you to successfully build the structures for both short-term and long-term success.
It will also teach you how to:
- handle challenging situations, including the establishment of a calm and orderly school
- work with and deal with parents and governors
- master new skills such as managing resources and preparing a budget
- manage time effectively
- manage your Ofsted inspections.
As well as covering the five components in-depth the course will also give professional tips and advice on such matters as:
- being meaningfully visible and having a strong presence
- establishing a clear vision
- obtaining quick wins, and initiating important slow fixes
- making learning more engaging
- reviewing the curriculum offer
- building productive partnerships part one: building the “community of school”
- building productive partnerships part two: building the “school in the community”
- providing challenge and support
- getting on top of the data
- moving to, and beyond outstanding.
In-school, cluster and federation training is also available for this course and can be tailored to your needs. Please call us on +44 (0)1223 463757 for more details.
For more information or to book a place please call us on +44 (0) 1223 463757 or email us at email@example.com.